15/09/2018

Effective Teaching

Ask yourself each of the following questions to ensure that you are giving your students your best, after all, wouldn't you want to be a student in your class?



 I sure hope so, if not, you may wish to re-think your career.

1. What types of questions will I ask that will make my students think, reflect and engage?
2.  How will I give my students feedback? Feedback is what will push them into deeper and permanent learning - more so if they respond to the feedback.

3.  Do I maintain a healthy pace for each of my lessons? How do I know?

4.  Am I authentic? Are my students able to relate to the content?

5. Am I showing passion for what I am teaching? Do I keep it fun and worthwhile?

6.  Do I provide the opportunity for collaboration, problem solving and working together? After all, we rarely solve problems alone.

7.  Is there opportunity for movement? No student wants to sit at a desk all day.

8.  Is there a purpose for learning? Did I establish it with my students? Could my students answer the question "Why am I Learning this?"

If you can answer positively to each of these questions for the content you are about to teach, pat yourself on the back and share with others.

https://worksheetplace.blogspot.com/

Arquivo do blog