08/07/2016

A Conversation Idea - How do you kill time?


GOAL : Think about what you do...
               List Activities
               Talk about them

LEVEL: Intermediate to Advanced

GROUP WORK

Here is a simple idea to generate conversation among your students. We all know that there are moments during the day when we have nothing to do, no plans. For example: when we are waiting for a teacher or a friend and so on. 
How do we occupy these periods of time, either mentally or physically?
For example:

WHAT YOU DO DURING THE TV ADVERTISEMENTS?


Make a list of what the students say
(my students got these)

Talk to my BROTHER
I read something, anything
I get up and so something
I go to the bathroom
I change channels
I look for something to eat or read
I call a friend
I water the plants
I put the children to bed
I brush my teeth
I unload the washing machine/put the clothes on line

You can also get the students to tick off the ones which they regularly do and check the most common activities, after you can put them in groups to discuss what they do , how often they do it, and why they like to do it.

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR STUDENTS!!!!

ENJOY TEACHING AND THEY WILL ENJOY LEARNING!!!!

If you like games to teach english, visit our website: www.playtolearn.com.br









Arquivo do blog